Get unstuck in 2021!
The holidays are over … time to shake off those calories, those cobwebs, those bad habits….. and look at the world with fresh eyes.
2020 was certainly a year that shook the world. A year of contemplation and lessons learned. A year easy to detest AND to remember. HOW we remember it is a choice we make. We can choose to remember the dreadfulness, or be thankful for the good moments, relationships, opportunities and … time.
Best of all, we’re still here, and it’s 2021! But now that we’ve made it, what’s next? At this point in the year, many feel “stuck” – wondering what to do next in their lives.
Have you ever felt you’re in a rut? It happens to the best of us. Sometimes we feel stuck in our careers or we’re indecisive about aspects of our lives. Or complacent — too comfortable with things.
Feeling stuck can drain us emotionally and physically, so it’s important to nip it in the bud by doing something. That, in fact, is the key to getting unstuck.
These six simple steps will quickly help you get out of a rut. You’ll find the feeling of being stuck disappears in a few days.
- Do something. Take some action to move forward. Start making minor changes — your routine, move the furniture, make new friends, get to know your neighbours. A build-up of little things will help you feel unstuck
- Change your perspective. Don’t dwell on the past — you can’t undo it, but you can choose to accept it and move on. Putting life in perspective will help you relax and face new realities
- Find your purpose and believe in yourself. What are you passionate about and would never want to lose? How can you define this? Listening to your inner voice will allow you to probe the future and its possibilities
- Trust yourself, even when you’re out of your comfort zone. Don’t sabotage yourself by succumbing to fears and perceived weaknesses. It helps to write down your strengths and review them whenever you’re feeling insecure
- Be hopeful. Don’t expect speedy results; hope needs time to blossom. You need to work at it. Eventually hope yields success
- Talk to a professional — having support as you work things through is immensely helpful and can bring out your true power. Asking for help can be the most effective, self-boosting step you take
If you want to lose weight in 2021 but don’t know what to do first, pick an initial activity that’s easy. Aim to power walk for 15 minutes after supper, daily.
If your goal is to change jobs in 2021, take the first step. Make a list of everyone you know who could become part of your network.
As you set your personal and career goals for 2021, ask yourself: What do I want for myself this year? What makes me happy? What’s important to me? To my family and loved ones? How do I want my life to look and feel? How might I achieve that?
Then set some goals to achieve them and remember to write it down! When you write down an objective, you double your chances of reaching it.
Good luck with your endeavours this year. I look forward to hearing about your plans and achievements, so keep writing to me!
Who you are tomorrow begins with what you do today.Tim Fargo
Happy New Year! I wish you a year full of promise and joy!
_Email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org _